Our website uses only strictly necessary cookies and third party cookies (referring to Google Analytics), which allow different degrees of functionality and optimization of the browsing experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can decide not to allow the use of third party cookies. Click on the corresponding title to find out more and to change our default settings. However, please be aware that blocking certain types of cookies may impact your experience on the website and the services we can offer you.
The maintenance of an automatism is very important to guarantee its proper functioning. If maintenance is not carried out frequently, the longevity of the products decreases, as many parts start to lose lubrication and problems start to appear. In this article we will show you how to properly perform maintenance on our main engine models.
Lubricate the movement axes of the operator and the rail
The only maintenance required is the lubrication of the movement axes of the operator and the rail. The pinions on both ends of the rails, as well as their support bushings and the chain must be lubricated at least once a year.
Clean the tube
- With a cloth soaked in lubricating spray, wipe away any residue that accumulates in the automation tube
- Apply a small dose of lubricating spray to the tube and wipe with a dry cloth to remove excess lubricant leaving a homogeneous layer on the tube
Oiling the pins
- Remove the covers from the front and rear supports
- Put a small dose of lubricant in the holes containing the support pins
- Replace the covers on the respective holders
Check support plates
- Make sure that the supports are still firmly attached to the pillars and gate for the proper functioning of the equipment
These maintenance measures must be carried out at least once a year, in order to maintain the automatic operation.
- Check all tightening of the operator, such as the floor fastening plate, limit switches, the motor and the rack
- Check that the distance between the rack and the motor remains unchanged and that it meshes in the teeth of the motor pinion correctly (over time, some distortion may occur)
- Lubricate all gate movement systems / axes. Lightly spray the pinion and rack